Please follow these quick-tips if you encounter a tech support issue.
1. The first step with any technical issue is to: Shut down and restart your computer, then open your Internet browser to ensure you have an Internet connection, then enter YouSeeU. This fresh start helps clear out conflicts from other programs.
2. Review the information on this support site and use the search function to find specific information.
3. Find helpful information on the Internet. Search using Google, Bing, or YouTube if you are looking for help with webcams or editing video files.
4. You likely have a friend, family member, or co-worker who has computer expertise and likes helping others. Ask for help if your computer isn’t working right.
5. If you work for a large corporation or government agency, you’ll probably have issues if trying to upload files or record video from work because of firewall settings. Talk to your IT department or plan to do some of the activities away from work.
6. Install an alternative browser if your have conflicts in your current settings. It only takes a few minutes to download and install a browser. We recommend using either Firefox or Chrome.
Note: Firefox and Chrome are the only browsers supported within our Sync meetings and Virtual Classroom.
7. Use a different Internet connection if you experience issues while uploading or recording. Some wireless Internet connections are unstable and lead to more frequent errors. A wired connection is the best solution if available.
8. If you experience and error or issue more than once, don’t expect that it will “magically” go away the next time. You need to change something before trying again.
9. If all else fails, borrow a different computer to complete the activity. If you find yourself stressing about fixing your computer, find another computer you can use for a short time.
10. Don’t wait until the due date to submit your assignments. Experiencing a technical issue when you have reached the due date is the worst situation because you have no time to rationally search for solutions, you’ve created a crisis situation. Submit early so that you’ll have time to get help if needed.