After students have submitted, you can login to grade your students’ submissions and provide feedback. Click the Class tab and the Need To Grade button to access your students’ submissions and YouSeeU gradebook:
If your school is integrated with YouSeeU through your Learning Management System (Canvas, Brightspace, Moodle, Blackboard, etc.) and has the grade sync feature enabled, you will be taken directly to the students’ submissions and YSU gradebook (be sure to review this tutorial in its entirety). Click the Grade button next to the student’s name:
On the student’s grading page, you can:
- Review the student’s video: Click the play button to watch the student’s video.
- Grade the submission: Provide the appropriate grade for the student, review rubrics and student ratings (grade options are determined when the activity is created).
- Educator Feedback (if enabled): Leave the student personal feedback via text or video accessible only to the student.
- Review peer feedback (if enabled): Review peers’ feedback for the student’s video. You may leave feedback here, but this feedback is seen by all students.
Many of these grading features are determined when the activity is crated so all of these options may not be available.
Grading Activities when Grade Sync is Enabled in your LMS
When grade sync is enabled within your LMS, then your grade from YouSeeU will be delivered to your LMS gradebook. Only one grade is delivered to your LMS gradebook. The grading options are:
- Grade Entry: enter a percentage grade. The value you enter represents a percentage that is used to assign points in the LMS gradebook based on the maximum points entered for the LMS assignment.
- Rubric: the percentage scored using the rubric will be delivered as a percentage. So 22/25 will deliver a 88% to your LMS gradebook.
- Educator Ratings: this is a 5 star rating, each star worth 20 points. Ex. If a student is given 4 stars, then 80 will be delivered to the LMS gradebook.
- Pass/Fail and Completed/Not Completed will deliver a 0 or 100 grade to the gradebook.