If you have received an error recording or uploading either a Q&A or individual video please review the following issues and their solutions:
1. Make sure you have strong and consistent internet. A wired connection is preferred, but we understand that many people use wireless connection which is fine. Be aware there may be times when your wireless connection can momentarily drop in connection. This will cause problems when uploading/recording a video.
2. You may receive an error if your Adobe Flash player is out of date. To check your version and update your flash player follow this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html.
3. If you have updated you flash player to the most current version and you are still having issues you may need to allow your flash player. To do this you will need to look in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
If your flash has not been allowed you will see the following drop down menu. When this appears please click the option to “Allow and Remember”. Then refresh your screen.
4. Another solution that would help would be to clear cache and cookies, and restart your browser. Follow the link: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/ for browser specific instructions. After you have cleared the cache and cookies you will want to close out of the browser completely.
5. With the Windows 10 update, there have been a few instances where Firefox has disabled the Flash player from being active. To activate Adobe within Firefox you will want to review this tutorial.
6. If you review your video and the video is missing either an image or audio you will want to make sure that you have selected the correct audio and video device. This can be done by selecting the arrow next to the device. This will bring up a drop-down menu with the list of potential video and audio devices.
7. Another cause for this issue would be that you have another application open that is using the camera, or did use the camera and is still accessing it. This will deny YouSeeU access to the camera or microphone.
8. The video may have resulted in an error due to it being too small. Your video probably needs to be exported. To export you will want to follow our tutorial.
9. If you are using Chrome and having issues watching videos, using your microphone, or loading the recorder, you may need to edit the settings within Chrome. Please review the Chrome tutorial.
10. If you are accessing YouSeeU within an LMS (Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard, etc), make sure cookies are enabled. In order for an external tool such as YouSeeU to be accessed in an LMS this is necessary. This is often an issue when using Internet Explorer. Enable Cookies
Additional helpful information can be found on our Knowledge Base at youseeu.info. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, contact our support team at email@example.com or click on the HELP tab on the student dashboard and send our team a help request.