Students have access to a student library where they can upload videos, combine videos, or download videos from previous activities. Please note that videos that have been uploaded to the library have not been submitted to your educator. To submit videos to your educator you will have to access your activity.
- You will need to start by clicking your name in the upper left hand corner of the page.
2. Once you have arrived at your “Profile data page” you will use the menu bar on the left hand side of the screen. Click the “Library” button. The library is where all of you videos will be stored.
You have now entered your student library. You are able to upload new videos, find videos from previous activities, combine videos within the library, and copy videos.
- To upload a video you will first click “Add new video”
2. You will then have the option to select a video, record a video, or transfer a video from cloud storage. When you record a video it will use the same recorder used when recording videos for an activity.
3. You are able to upload multiple videos to your library at once, up to 20 GB. Once you have selected your files you will click begin upload.
If your computer disconnects from the internet the system will automatically pause the uploading process. You are then able to resume the uploading after you have connected to the internet again. You can also pause the upload and resume later.
Underneath the video list, you will see the status of your uploads including upload speed and an estimated time remaining.
4. The last step is letting the videos process. Processing videos typically takes from 5 to 10 minutes. This can be longer if you have a larger file that is being uploaded.
- To combine videos you will begin by clicking the “Combine videos” button at the bottom of the screen.
2. The combine section will appear at the top of the screen. To add a video to the list of videos to combine you will need to click the plus sign next to the video. When you have added the video you can arrange the videos by using the blue arrows to the left of the video. You can also add multiples of the same video.
3. After you have added all of the videos you wish to add click “Combine at the bottom of the list of videos to combine the videos into one video. If will then be added to the top of the list of videos.
If you would like to access your video outside of YouSeeU, you are able to download any videos in your library or generate public URLs that allow anyone with the link to view your video. To take advantage of these options you will need to follow the following steps.
To download your videos, find the video you wish to download in your library. You will need to right click on the download icon to bring up the right-click menu. From this menu, you can choose to Save Link As… From here, you can choose a place to save your video.
To generate a public URL you will need to start by clicking the far right option.
Once you have clicked the link button, you will have a pop up screen that provides you with a link that you can provide others who you wish to view the video.